Thursday, August 9, 2012

Welcome Back to the 2012-2013 School Year!!!

Welcome Back Students and Parents!  I hope you all have had a wonderful summer!  I am excited to be back in school and am looking forward to meeting each and every one of you!  

A little about this blog:  I am teaching three sections of Biology II this semester.  I am going to try to update this blog at least every other day with important events in our classroom as well as project, homework, test, and quiz reminders.  I am going to do my best to keep all three of my Biology II classes on the same schedule.  That being said, no matter what class period you are in, the reminders, notes, and information on this blog should apply to you.  When there is an exception, it will be noted in the blog post.

Students:  I am excited to meet you and be your teacher for this semester.  I encourage you to check this website on a daily basis to make sure that you are aware of any assignments, tests, or quizzes that you are responsible for the following day.  Many of you are permanently attached to a technology device that can get on the Internet, so I encourage this website to be one you check frequently.  There will be extra credit opportunities in class based on information you will find on this blog.  Be prepared!!!

Parents:  I also encourage you to bookmark this page and check it frequently.  It is always a positive thing for parents to be involved with what their children are doing in school.  On this site, you will be able to see when they have homework, quizzes, and tests.  With your permission, you can also see them participating in classroom activities and labs.  There are places for you to leave comments, and you are always welcome to email me at courtneylawson23@gmail.com or courtney.lawson@sullivank12.net.  I check both of these emails daily and will respond quickly to any email sent to me.

Again, I am very excited to be starting this school year.  Please be on the lookout for reminders...this first week of school is full of them!  There will also be an extra credit opportunity sometime during the first week of school!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment